Tuesday, July 31, 2012


(A Sartorialst reference sketch)

I don't know what else I can do right now, but I'm praying this might help. Please share this link if you think it's appropriate.
7/27/2012, approximately 9:00 pm @ the West LA Transit Center (Fairfax and Washington) I was sitting on one of the bus benches, waiting for my particular Metro bus, coming back from my internship at the wonderful Reverge Labs LLC. Had my Intuos4 Tablet in a cardboard slip, and my Blizzard Entertainment Messenger bag on the floor right next to my feet. I was sketching away, most of my vision concentrating on drawing, until three early 20, late highschool black males walked past while also reaching down to grab my bag away. They started booking it up north on Fairfax avenue, I tried to give chase all the way to Apple, but I knew I wouldn't catch up since they had the surprise on their side. Called in 911, they took a report, and they'll do what they can, understandably, but that was at around 9:40 pm. From what I can remember, the person with the bag was in a maroon sweater, black hair, shortly cropped (not a buzz cut), and one of his other two friends had short dreadlocks and a dark navy blue jacket that night. Exclaimed something like "Hey man, why are you chasing me? I didn't take your bag." All of them fairly athletic build, like any decent track athlete or b-ball player. Besides that, no names, nothing. It all happened so fast, and I can't remember any particular facial features, etc.
This is going to be a long shot, and I don't know if the contents of the bag or the bag will end up on ebay or craiglist, or somewhere else anytime soon, but if anyone knows about where the stolen property might be, I'd be incredibly grateful.
Black Cloth Messenger Bag with "Blizzard Entertainment 2011 Summer Intern" woven on the front flap. One of the mementos of part of my career dreams, so it holds some importance to the child inside me.
== Contents include ==
-a black Micro B USB cable (Wacom), Intuos4 Grip Pen, Intuos4 Pen Well, Intuos4 Tablet Mouse
-blue pencil case with nondescript pencils, pens, etc in it. Rounded off corners, broken zipper seal, and a fake carbon fiber weave texture
-a black USB thumbdrive, forgot the brand/make & gig size, but on the top it has a liquid crystal display showing Storage Size in 20% increments. Has a black cap.
That's about it. All in all, a loss of around $300 I would suspect (the bag is irreplaceable since they're not sold). My tablet's fine, but without the pen, USB cable, etc, I can't really help make games, do art for games, or maintain a livelihood in that sense. That and it was a gift from my already sacrificial-loving parents, and to all the other digital artists out there, you know how the tablets are priced. The Blizzard bag is and was a memento of a childhood dream half fulfilled when I had the opportunity to do Game Testing over there as a Freshman last year.
If ANYONE know where the stolen property might be and if they can get them back to me, I'd be grateful for your assistance and if the robbers are reading this, may I humbly ask that I just please get everything back? It's hard to lose stuff that has a lot to do with dreams. Trying my best to forgive you guys, and it's not easy on my heart.
EDIT: I guess as a clear picture, if you do see the bag and/or persons. --> Call the cops immediately and give locations, descriptions, general direction of movement. Take pictures if you can, video, even if low fidelity.
Thank you for your time, and I understand that I failed to be smart in an urban environment.
In good and bad, palma ut Deus

No comments:

Post a Comment